We are kicking off the New Year with our Featured Blogger of the Month — Aggy Low! Today she shares with us the challenges she face being the founder of her own label, being in the social media industry, as well her future plans career and travelling wise! Read on to find out more! :)
- Hi Aggy! Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and happy 2017 to you! What are some things you hope to achieve this new year?
Hello! Happy new year to you & everyone in Nuffnang too! It has been a tough 2016 so I’m really looking forward to a brand new 2017! I hope to make some difference in my singing career this year & definitely to excel in my current business, TACT.sg.
- What are some learning points from 2016 that you hope to work on them?
Towards the end of 2016, my personal life was quite a disaster & I took to blo gging to make myself feel better. My blog is like a diary for me to look back on in future, but at the same time I realised that there are some stuffs that I wrote which others might interpret as something else – things that I don’t mean. I feel sorry (I truly am) for causing hurt to anyone that’s involved and I hope to work on being more careful about writing such stuffs on my blog/social media in future.
- As a piano teacher and singing enthusiast, when did you realise you had a passion and talent for the arts and music?
I started learning Classical Piano when I was 4 years old, and thinking back I really have to thank my Mum for taking me to lessons and even participating in classes with me at the start. She plays the organ and sings in a choir and she’s my biggest inspiration growing up. I joined my very first singing competition in school when I was Secondary 1 and never stopped pursuing music as a career since, be it piano teaching or singing at gigs.
- Many of us are not aware that you are also the founder of online boutique, TACT.sg! Share with us some challenges you face being in the e-commerce industry.
The competitiveness definitely. The online fashion industry is getting more and more saturated and it’s pretty hard to stand out. We are trying to change our direction to suit a wider range of consumers and I’m really glad to share that TACT.sg is now also in the Philippines known as TACT.ph.
- What about some challenges you face being in the social media industry?
I find that it’s quite hard to stay in the grey area of being transparent or not about your private life. I started blogging since 2007 and have been sharing all sorts of things on my blog, including personal life issues and it is really encouraging when readers come up to me to cheer me on, or take my reviews seriously and later thank me for introducing this particular brand/item, etc. But with the good also comes the bad; there are people around that will criticise my way of life or my choices and it can be pretty discouraging for a blogger. Sometimes there might be things that you write but you don’t mean any harm but there are people around that will misinterpret what you wrote and will hold you to it for a long long time.
- You have also started creating Youtube videos and we love watching them! What are your favourite videos to create?
Music covers! I always feel excited to work on my music covers more than my beauty vlogs because sometimes I stutter when I speak (hehe) so I will need to keep editing my beauty vlogs which can be quite time consuming.
- What can we look forward to this year on your YouTube channel?
I’m definitely looking forward to doing more collaborations with other YouTubers or even musicians in Singapore! So please SUBSCRIBE okay? :P
8. As a wanderluster, where do you hope to travel in 2017?
I want to visit the other parts of Japan, go back to London again and visit my childhood bff in the US!
- Chinese New Year is round the corner, what are your top styling tips combatting the warm weather when we visit friends and family?
I think most of the time everyone tends to dress to impress during Chinese New Year, but I guess the most important thing to remember is that you have to dress comfortably to last you throughout the entire day of CNY visiting! So dress up in your most comfy clothes but definitely not in black haha!
- Last but not least, what do you look forward to the most during Chinese New Year?
I think having a meal with my family is what I really look forward to. Many things have happened recently and I’ve been juggling a lot in my life right now that I haven’t got the time to sit down and have a proper meal with my family as I don’t live with my parents. I’m really looking forward to my favourite roasted duck dish and Mum’s cooking!
That’s all we have from Aggy today, hope you have learnt more about her through this short interview! A brand new year calls for a brand new chapter of our lives, and we wish you a happy 2017, filled with bliss and happiness!
Check out Aggy Low’s social media platforms: