Nuffnang Featured Blogger for the month of August
Becoming the top Male Blogger?
Have you ever wondered why most of the top bloggers are female? Not trying to be sexist, but I shall explore the stereotypical gender preference in world of the blogosphere and provide some tips on how to be the next top Male blogger!
To become a female top blogger, you’ll have to at least have a pretty face. Or should I say, you’ll just need to be pretty and that’s it! You are on your way to be the next top blogger.
On the other hand, guys who aspired to become the top blogger, doesn’t really need to have physically qualities. What they need is to be highly entertaining, or just down right funny, à la mrbrown & kennysia.
So, you’re a guy and you wanna become the male-xiaxue? Fret not! Here’s how to work your way up there!
1. Think funny and be funny. That’s the quickest way to get your blog hits rolling. But caution for trying too hard to be funny, that simply turns people off. Hey, start watching more comedies or listen to funny podcasts if you haven’t. Jack Neo & mrbrown works for me!
2. Know the famous. Even though blogging is about your own life, do take clever approach in blogging about celebrities, top bloggers or anything famous. People like to read stuff that associates with the media. My mtv on the infamous eyebrow plucker has 20k hits in just one week!
3. Be confident and don’t worry about your haters. With the attention, comes jealousy and there’re bound to be people who’re just out there to defame you. Don’t start punching the wall and all the cursing & swearing. Well, all celebrities have their own hate-clubs! If you have people commenting how lousy you are, you’re already on your way up there!
4. Be a bitch (yeah, do it like the ladies), occasionally. It doesn’t hurt to blog about controversial topics. However, be smart and have your stand. (like how Xiaxue insists that she can use the handicap toilet)
5. Don’t be afraid to post ugly photos of yourself! That’s one thing that will set us guys different from the girls. It’s fun to just laugh out loud at yourself and humor others at the same time. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.
6. Be yourself. Alot of people gave up blogging ‘cos they find it a chore. Well, be yourself and enjoy the fun of blogging. Treat it like as if you’re telling your friends about yourself over a cup of coffee.
And with blog advertising community like Nuffnang, it’s more reason to start blogging and work your way up there guys!
And it’s not just the fame, it’s also the rewards you get from blogging. Earning extra dollars, getting fame, and keeping a journal, wow, that’s killing 3 birds with one stone! *chirp chirp chirp* haha
So why not join Nuffnang today if you haven’t, and you’re already on your way there! Do drop by my blog if you’re interested.
Well that’s about it from me, enjoy Nuffnang and do sign up!